I got hit with a firehose of questions regarding FastCompany.TV, GlobalNeighborhoodsTV (GNTV) and my new collaboration with Scoble. A few drill down further than I can answer, but I'll try to answer a few that I was frequently asked.
- FastCompany.TV (FCTV) is intended to be a video blogging network. Scoble.TV is the first node and he is a FastCompany.TV employee who's show launches March 3 as does GNTV. They are separate shows. Robert and I would like to do something together, but that is a future show possibility.
- GNTV will have it's own page on the FCTV site as will Scoble.TV.
- Robert and I may cover the same people and companies. We may even interview the same person at the same time when that is easier for all parties. But he and I have different styles and ask different questions.
- I am not a FastCompany employee and I have no plans to become one. I am contract talent. My focus is to produce great content on GNTV. While Robert and I will talk and plan, his job is to do what he has always done and to build an FCTV network. He has a ton of ideas for programs but will build slowly at first. His goal is to have six GNTV programs by year end.
- FCTV is a separate, but related, entity to Fast Company and FastCompany.com. We are the same brand, but I have not had any contact with FC editorial staff. I cannot help you or your clients get interviews there. If you have something that is not right for my show, but I think Scoble might like, I'll forward it to him.
- I plan to produce a minimum of 15 clips per month, hopefully more. I will vary the length greatly and let viewers tell me the length they prefer.
- The best way to pitch me is through email. A direct Twitter to shelisrael also works. I do not take phone calls from people I do not know. I will try to get back to anyone who requests an interview, but it may take me a few days.
- I will travel for GNTV but it limited by time and budget. The best way to see me is when you are in the SF Bay Area.
- Like any media person, I'm interested in exclusive breaking news, but that is not my central focus. I will show some product demo, but that again is not my central focus. I am interested in telling people, mostly how social media is changing life, customer relationships and life.
- The best style to use with me is a naked converstaion. If I find you using talking points that were refined in committee. I may be polite, but it is unlikely that I will post your interview.
Got more questions? Send them in. What you ask me helps me figure out this new endeavor of mine.