I keep hearing all sorts of astounding statistics for Facebook and I'm never quite sure which ones are correct. So I asked the the corporate communications folk, and it turns out that the most astounding numbers seem to be the most accurate.
Here's what I got from the company:
- Over 150,000 registrants daily. That's 1 million a week since January.
- 35 million users today. Of course that number will be off a million one week from today.
- Half user are outside college. That number was zero in Sept. 2006.
- 0ver 40 billion page views in May 2007
- Average visitor stays 20 minutes
- Most growth is among people over age 25.
- 47,000 Facebook groups.
- #1 photo sharing app on the web. 2.7 billion photos on site.
- More than 2000 applications. The Top 10 are: Top Friends, Video, Graffiti, MyQuestions, iLike, FreeGifts, X Me, Superpoke!, Fortune Cookie & Horoscopes. The smallest of these has over 4.5 million users.
Like Scoble says, "It's a Facebook world."