Dinner starts in a few minutes and the Academy of Demo God selection, using their mysterious and occasionally controversial criteria will be announcing their selections for DEMO God. The following are my picks. They are based on hallway buzz, more than my personal picks. I have eliminated any companies with whom I have worked for this conference or previously.
Some of these were not my personal favorites. Ahem the envelopes please:
1. Blinkx.com, the last presenter today is a video search engine. More than the technology, they were helped by an extremely funny, yet articulate presentation by CTO Surango Chandratillake.
2 eJamming. This was yesterday's closer and it ended the day on a high not, probbly a G sharp. This is the music collaboration company with the singing CEO.
3.Jaman. This is one of the companies with cool technology. It is a community play for people who would like to see award winning cinema that never made it into commercial distribution. I wonder how many people will really be willing to pay to buy or rent these selections, which I'm sure are works of some great unknown artists.
4. Magnify.net. This is an extremely cool search engine for citizen generated online videos. CEO Beth Temple is among my favorite new people. It was among the most mentioned companies I heard about.
5. D'Fusion is a virtual reality advertising company who gave the best demo I ever saw a couple of years back. Two-third's of this years Demo hit glitches. The remainder drew enough oohs and ahs to make them a winner and the stuff worked beautifully at their DEMO station.
6. Vuvox is service that lets users very simply tell their stories online by aggregate their multimedia doigital content. They willprobably compete with my client Scrapblogs but they seem to be a people's choice at this conference.
7. ZINK, the paperless portable, unless photo printing device was clearly the floor favorite from what i could make out. If they don't get named a god, I will demand a recount.