Pat Phelan has tagged me in what he thinks is a new game. But it isn't a new game. It went around last winter and the winter before. The game of the meme is to tell five secrets about yourself and then link to five other people you know and then they have to tell five things you probably don't know about them.
Pat might not know it's an old game because he was not yet a blogger last winter. He's only been blogging for about five months and he's already among the world's most popular telephony bloggers.
It sounds like fun and yes, like the chain snail letters of my childhood, it is supposed to result in my getting lots of links, which is something I like, so Hell I'll play. First, five things about me you probably do not know:
1. I would almost always rather be sailing. If not sailing, at least in my yard working the garden.
2. One of my deepest fears is that the last great piece I wrote is the last great piece I will write.
3. In college, I had ambitions of two dream jobs: (1) covering the White House for the New York Times, or (2) being press secretary to the president.
4. When I don't know what to say, I make jokes.
5. I don't care for American football.
Okay, here come the five link designates: David Parmet, Toby Bloomberg, KD Paine, Douglas Karr and Joe Thornley. Joe is off the grid right now, but this can wait, Joe. Read the book in the picture you posted.